Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
Lent: Increased Almsgiving
- When you fast from a meal, give the money you would spend to the poor.
- Use a coin box from and put all change into it for the poor.
- Volunteer with St. Vincent de Paul or another charitable organization.
- Spend more time with your parents.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Start tithing.
- Make a pledge to a worthy charity.
- Forgive an old grudge.
- Invite someone to Church.
- Share your faith with someone.
- Give someone a Catholic tract or CD.
- Exercise patience and love.
- Speak in a pleasant tone to everyone.
- Look for extra ways to help others.
- Go out of your way to talk to someone who is shy or difficult.
- Offer to watch a mother’s child(ren).
- Drive with love.
- Write a letter to a relative you haven’t seen in a while.